Our Core Values
Habits of Optimism:
- I believe that practice improves my performance.
- I can list ways that I can improve a situation that isn’t going well.
- I believe that adults and teammates are rooting for me to be successful and I am rooting for them too.
Habits of Collaboration:
- I collaborate effectively with teammates and teachers on tasks and projects.
- I find solutions that respect others’ feelings and perspectives.
- I own my actions and apologize when I make a mistake.
- I forgive and start fresh when someone apologizes.
Habits of Communication:
- I share my thoughts and ideas with others in small and large groups.
- I tell my truth bravely.
- I effectively express my feelings and my needs and listen when others express their feelings and needs.
Habits of Self-Control
- I show up to class and school on time, in uniform, and ready to learn.
- I meet deadlines.
- I execute routines and procedures for class and school independently, without reminders or consequences.
- I attempt every part of a task or assessment.
Habits of Zest:
- I am curious and ask questions to deepen my understanding.
- I participate by sitting up and participating energetically in class and small group activities.
Habits of Self-Discipline:
- I sustain my focus, pay attention, and persist in my efforts until I get it.
- I handle mistakes, set backs, and frustration constructively.
- I set academic goals and reflect on my progress toward them.
Habits of Gratitude:
- I notice and recognize what others do for me by saying “thank you.”
- I notice and recognize what has improved or what is going well in each situation.